It’s not too late to join The 50 Book Challenge! Challenge yourself to read 50 books in one year! Registration can be completed at either Bayne or Avalon Public Library. When you finish the challenge, you’ll receive a prize and will be entered for a chance to with the grand prize!
Join us March 27th at 10:30 a.m. when we discuss To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
Ask at the desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a copy of this early Modernist classic. And be sure to mark your calendars for these upcoming discussions:
4/24/18–Blue Flower by Penelope Fitzgerald
5/22/18–Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis
6/26/18–The Masterpiece by Emile Zola
The next Friends of Bayne Library meeting will be March 20th at 6:00 p.m.
What are Friends for?
- They lead fundraising efforts like book sales and donation drives
- They provide input on events and programming
- They use their unique skills to volunteer
- They promote the library and library events in the community
Great Friends make great libraries!
If you are 55 years of age and have access to a computer, the Internet, and a webcam you can join the Virtual Senior Academy!
The Virtual Senior Academy offers interactive group classes on a wide variety of topics. Their easy to use platform is great for computer novices and pros alike! Learn more!
Patrons ages 55 and over are invited to have full use of the library on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.* Come browse books, use the computer, read the newspaper and socialize with other seniors while you enjoy a hot cup of coffee and a sweet treat. Be an early bird @ Bayne!
* Please be advised that in the event of inclement weather, we will follow Northgate School District for closings/delays. If the Northgate School District has a delay or cancellation – Senior Coffee will also be canceled.
Computers got you down? Our Computer Tutor can help!
Bayne library offers one-on-one tutoring session. Schedule an appointment and learn how to:
- Search, shop, and socialize online
- Set-up and use an email account
- Use your eReader or smartphone
- Work in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Download eBooks, audio, and more
- Utilize the Library catalog
- Renew and reserve books online
- Research with online resources
Call 412-766-7447 or ask at the front desk to schedule your appointment!