Join us January 23rd at 10:30 a.m. when we discuss Middlemarch by George Eliot
Ask at the desk or email email@example.com to reserve a copy of this classic of Poe’s tour de force about a family doomed by a grim bloodline curse. And be sure to mark your calendars for these upcoming discussions:
2/27/18–The Wedding by Dorothy West
3/27/18–To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
4/24/18–Blue Flower by Penelope Fitzgerald
5/22/18–Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis
6/26/18–The Masterpiece by Emile Zola
Do you or someone you love have high blood pressure? Learn how to check, change, and control high blood pressure when you sign up for Healthy BP for All!
Signing up for the free Healthy BP for All program gets you:
- Twice-a-month health lessons to gain skills related to blood pressure management
- An online health mentor to answer questions
- Resources to self-monitor and track your blood pressure
- Free giveaways!
- Plus—you could win a free 6-week cooking class! Learn to cook nutritious and delicious meals on a budget, go on a grocery store tour, and get take-home groceries every week!
Healthy BP for All will meet every other Monday at 2:00 p.m. at Avalon Library starting January 22, 2018. Register at the circulation desk or at Avalon Library!
The 50 Book Challenge is back! Challenge yourself to read 50 books in one year! Registration can be completed at either Bayne or Avalon Public Library. When you finish the challenge, you’ll receive a prize and will be entered for a chance to with the grand prize!
Baby Lapsit is on hiatus until March 2, 2018. Join us then, and every Friday morning after, at 10:30 a.m. and we’ll bounce, sing, and clap our way to early literacy!
Geared to babies from birth to 18 months, Baby Lapsit introduces babies to language and literacy with songs, bounces, board books, and fingerplays. Playtime with age appropriate toys will follow!
Do you love the Library? Join our Friends group! We will be meeting January 16, 2017 6:00 p.m. for a brain storming session!
What are Friends for?
- They lead fundraising efforts like book sales and donation drives
- They provide input on events and programming
- They use their unique skills to volunteer
- They promote the library and library events in the community
Great Friends make great libraries!
Join us Wednesdays 10 a.m. – 11a.m for Open Play.
Children and their caregivers are welcome to join us for a morning of fun and games! We’ll put out toys, books, and activities so children can socialize and explore in a safe, enclosed, environment. Toys and activities will be geared towards toddlers, but siblings are always welcome!
Computers got you down? Our Computer Tutor can help!
Bayne library offers one-on-one tutoring session. Schedule an appointment and learn how to:
- Search, shop, and socialize online
- Set-up and use an email account
- Use your eReader or smartphone
- Work in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Download eBooks, audio, and more
- Utilize the Library catalog
- Renew and reserve books online
- Research with online resources
Call 412-766-7447 or ask at the front desk to schedule your appointment!