Computer Use Policy
The Computer Use Policy outlines the parameters for usage of the computer and wireless access at Andrew Bayne Memorial Library.
Statement of Policy
All persons using the public computers or wireless network at Andrew Bayne Memorial Library must adhere to the Computer Use Policy. Usage of the public computers or wireless network constitutes acceptance of this policy.
- Users must have a valid Library card to access the public computers.
- All computer terminals are monitored by staff.
- All computers are filtered in accordance with the Child Internet Protection Act. Please see our CIPA Compliance Policy for more information.
- Computer access is provided on a first come first served basis.
- Computer access is provided in 30 minute increments. At the end of 30 minutes, an additional 30 minutes may be added, if no one else is waiting.
- Use of personal and downloaded software is prohibited.
- Computer and Internet settings may not be changed
- Internet access cannot be used for fraudulent or unlawful purposes, including any activities prohibited under any applicable federal, Pennsylvania, or local laws, including activities in violation of 18 Pa. Cons.Stat. sec. 5903, which prohibits certain acts of public indecency.
- The user is responsible for understanding and adhering to the copyright laws of the United States
- Users assume full responsibility for all online activities including providing personal information. Users should exercise caution when providing personal information online.
- The library is not responsible for loss of any information or damage to personal drives.
Violations of Use
Violations of the Computer Use Policy may result in the suspension or loss of computer access. Illegal activities, or those that violate 18 Pa.Cons.Stat. sec. 5903, will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Last updated: 1/4/21